Wednesday 21 May 2020
We want to make sure that you're kept fully up to date with what we're doing at OneBill to maintain our level of customer service during the ongoing virus outbreak, referred to as Coronavirus or COVID-19. We also want to provide you with useful information so that you can continue to successfully manage your bill payments and support us in prioritising those customers who need us most at this time.
Please may we ask that you only call us if the matter is urgent.
What we're doing
Our senior leadership team are closely monitoring the guidance provided by the UK Government, making key decisions which will enable us to continue to deliver ongoing service and support for our customers, whilst also maintaining the health and safety of our valued colleagues.
This means we are implementing a number of carefully planned measures designed to protect colleagues, including ensuring we maintain high standards of cleanliness in our offices and encouraging home working as much as we can and where it is safe to do so. Due to our strong IT infrastructure and controls, we are able to balance these measures whilst maintaining a good level of customer service.
There may be certain instances where we may not be able to meet our normal processes or timescales. There is also a potential risk that we may have to close our call centre during this time, either due to Government advice or staffing levels. If we were to reach a point where we needed to decide to close our call centre temporarily, we would update both our telephone lines and website to make this clear to you.
To help you understand any potential impact, we have provided useful information below and also sent a letter to customers with further information - please take the time to read this carefully.
Helpful information for our OneBill customers
Contacting us during this time
We want to make sure we can help and support those customers with the most urgent queries and would ask that you only call if your enquiry is urgent.
Whilst our phone lines remain open, please be advised they are very busy. We are experiencing higher call volumes and have less staff available than we would usually, due to the steps we have taken to protect our employees, following the latest Government advice.
We are currently still able to accept post and paper-based documents into the business. Please allow extra time for any paper correspondence to reach us and for us to reply.
If you have sent us any correspondence or cheques which have not yet been processed, please contact us as soon as possible.
We really appreciate your understanding and patience at this time, and your support to protect both our customers who are most in need, and our colleagues.
Paying your bills
Providing your account is up to date, we will continue to pay your existing bills as normal.
Our IT systems will automatically process payments and bills if this is the case. Please continue to make your regular payments into your OneBill account to allow this to continue.
There are a number of ways you can continue to pay into your OneBill account, whilst also supporting us by not contacting our call centre:
- Transferring money electronically - use your OneBill account number and sort code and pay directly from an account held with another bank. You may be able to do this via a bank branch, telephone banking or internet banking. Money paid in this way will be automatically credited to your account via our IT systems
- Automated telephone service - call 0345 111 7090, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and follow the menu options
- Paying in via the Post Office - you can continue to pay in via the Post Office if you are already doing so. We are not able to set this up for other customers at this time
We strongly advise you make electronic payments into your account at this time.
Automated telephone service
Our automated telephone service allows you to do the following:
- Make a debit card payment (please have your debit card details to hand)
- Check the date and amount of your next payment
- Order pre-paid envelopes (please do not select this option at this time, as we cannot guarantee we can fulfil requests due to current staffing levels)
- Speak to an advisor between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm on Saturdays (please note, we ask you only use this option if your call is urgent, to allow us to prioritise our customers who are most in need)
Simply call 0345 111 7090, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and follow the menu options.
Other useful numbers
At this time, it is best you contact our insurance partners directly to ensure OneBill can continue to support its customers who are most in need
For assistance on your exi.sting insurance products:
- Accidental, Sickness and Unemployment Cover - Covéa Insurance
Call 0330 134 8578 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Accidental Death and Personal Accident Cover - Cardif Pinnacle
Call 0344 543 1088 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Vehicle Breakdown - Call Assist
Call 0800 056 2760 or 01206 771769, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Staying safe from fraud and scams
It is important for you to know that your money is safe with us.
Unfortunately, at times like these, fraudsters will be focusing their efforts on exploiting the situation for their own ends. They will use all of the usual methods, including emails, phone calls and text messages. Please watch out for anything suspicious, including messages which appear to be from us or other financial services providers, and never share your security information.
For more information about how to stay safe online, please visit www.securetrustbank.com/security
Keeping your money safe
During unprecedented times like these, we can become worried about all aspects of life, including our financial wellbeing. Please be assured that, as an established financial services provider, your money is safe with us.
If you are experiencing personal hardship and need to discuss your payments, please call our friendly team on 0345 111 7090 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12pm on Saturdays (we're closed on Sundays) and follow the menu options.